What They Don't Tell You About Cruising....
Yep That's The Title...
So I have this bucket list that isn't written down but when I do something I say- Finally off the list...one of my biggest regrets in college was not studying abroad..I had never been on a cruise/outside of the US so I figured a cruise was a perfect 1st....before you continue reading know this:
1. This is not a sponsered post
2. Umm...I'm Over It
3. Rock the boat..Rock the boat (Literally)
Before venturing out I created a Pin Board, Read other Blogs.talked to other people but what i learned is that there's a lot of 'ish' that no one really says...I would encourage everyone to try this once and my experience may not be your experience
1. Before going on the trip you have the chance with Carnival Cruise Line to purchase the Bubbly Program for sodas ( I highly recommend you do it) because for me the free tea/lemonade did nothing
2. If you're going to have a stop in Freeport you should defiantly purchase an excursion...there is no beach- the local excursions have some questionable guides- don't be cheap- purchase through your cruise line
3. I'm over it- if I had to do this again I would not purchase a 7 day cruise for my first time...after being sold on activities from the daily agenda I was annoyed when I arrived and was being upsold on what the activity really was...if I don't see another pay to play bingo table or enter this raffle activity for the rest of my life...I'm soooo good
4. Unlimited-Limited Food: I did not enjoy the food...I figured out a little to late that in the formal dining area there is a secret menu of french fries...prior to going on my cruise everyone said you can eat as much as you like and the food is wonderful...ummm...not so much..You should definitely spend some time getting to know what is available and when because everything is not 24 hours
5. Rock the Boat...During the trip I never got sick but after landing back home I discovered that you can get Vertigo...I didn't win a single prize on the ship but that stayed with me for a month...lol
I know this sounds like a gripe session but it's really not supposed to be that way...I would highly suggest you try at least one cruise...for my return I know that I will do the following:
1. Probably go Disney 2. Purchase the drink program 3. Go for 3-5 days max
While I am a long way from planning my next cruise I do have some weekend vacay plans coming soon...One thing I really appreciated was luggage tags that were easy to locate..so here's a Posh Belle Luggage Tag to make your luggage unique from the rest..Download the luggage tag below, place in a self-sealing luggage tag (I'm using the one made by Scotch), if required laminate, attach the luggage tag hook and place it on your luggage..
Au Revoir & As Always,